BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Followers

Monday, April 16, 2012

Fancy Blackett & a New Start

Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  It was very windy again here along with rain and hail in the evenings.  Yesterday Talia and I got our flowers and vegetables planted.  Here is hoping that they will grow.  I know we might have to cover them a few nights, but it feels so good to have it done.


I am so happy to share Fancy Blackett and the Butter Churn.  She was so much fun to stitch.  I used a piece of 32ct. unknown fabric from my stash and the recommended DMC floss. She will eventually be sent to my finisher, but I want to stitch up a few other pieces to send with her so she doesn't have to make the trip along.



Since Fancy Blackett is done, I needed a new start.  There is so much I want to start, but then I remembered I had listed some stitching goals for April and one of them was to stitch up Prim School of Needlework from Pineberry Lane. (just a note, this chart was designed exvlusively for the Prim Sisters Club through Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI.)  
It came as a kit, with the pattern, floss, fabric, finishing fabrics and instructions.  I can tell you already, this is such a pleasure to stitch. It was very hard to put it down last night to go to bed.  If it weren't for housework and such, I would be stitching on it right now, but alas.  There is always this afternoon and evening.  I will keep you posted on this one.


I have to run.  The washer is beeping, telling me is done.  Got to get the sheets in the dryer so I can make the kiddos beds later.


Till Next Time
Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Carol said...

What an adorable finish, April! Nice start on the Prim Sisters, too...

Sometimes housework just gets in the way, doesn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just joined your lovely blog.

Your Fancy Blackett And The Butter Churn is a lovely finsh.
Great new start too.
Happy stitching!

Catherine said...

Great stitchy projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...